1. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to:
• immediately notify Canadian Standards Association ("CSA Group") of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and
• ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
CSA Group cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
2. The Site is to be used only for purposes related to the development of standards and related activities. All information, data, text, software, messages or other materials ("Content") transmitted or posted by you using the Site are your sole responsibility. Under no circumstances will CSA Group be liable in any way for any Content transmitted or posted, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content (whether transmitted or posted by you or by CSA Group), or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content.
3. CSA Group makes no representations or warranties regarding access to its web applications, or that such web applications shall operate uninterrupted or error free. CSA Group takes no responsibility and assumes no liability with respect to your choice of hardware, communications software, or Internet service provider used to access CSA Group's web applications. Under no circumstances shall CSA Group be liable for damages sustained by you in relation to the use of or inability to use a web application, including direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of an error, interruption, delay in transmission, computer virus or communications line failure (including but not limited to any damages for lost profits, loss of use or business interruption).
4. You agree that you will not use the Site to:
• transmit or post any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
• impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
• forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site;
• transmit or post any Content that you do not have a right to transmit or post under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
• transmit or post any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
• transmit or post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters", "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
• transmit or post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
• intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, provincial, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law.
5. You acknowledge that CSA Group and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, move or delete any Content that is available via the Site. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of the Site, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any Content posted by CSA Group.
7. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet and the fact that users may be resident in many countries, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from Canada, the United States or the country in which you reside.
8. Any Content you elect to transmit or post in connection with the site may be used for the purpose of assisting CSA Group in the development of standards and related activities, and such Content may be disclosed to committee members, the Strategic Steering Committee, as well as the Standards Council of Canada that oversees standards development. You hereby grant to CSA Group a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works related to standards, standards development or other documentation supporting the development of standards or the advertising, marketing or publicizing of any of the foregoing, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
9. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Site, use of the Site, or access to the Site.
With respect to the collection, use and disclosure of personally identifiable information, please see Privacy. By using the Site, you consent to having CSA Group contact you in connection with additional draft standards that may be available at the Site. If you do not wish to be contacted, you may opt out by sending an email email@example.com. If you choose to opt out, you may lose some of benefits of which are associated with use of the Site.